View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 04:23 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Exactly. Salary aside, Drury is a valuable part of this team. He can do it all in any situation that is needed. He has experience in winning a cup and quite possibly could get a clutch goal when needed. He has been very noticeable and Torts is aware of this.
Yeah, he was very noticable,... especially on the giveaway leading to the Isles 2nd goal....

http://video.islanders.nhl.com/video...NYR83&fr=false

What kills me on this play (the very begining) is that there are 3 Isles up high right in front of him! How could he not dump the puck down low along the boards where there would be a man advantage. This is a mistake a rookie would make, forcing a pass through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
wow, ppl thought drury played bad last night? I thought he was outstanding. Not sure if he generated any scoring chances for himself, but he constantly got in there and kept dead plays going. i felt he had a strong game...as strong as AA and Dubi? Probably not...but really strong nonetheless.
He did have 2 assists on the nite, but neither were great setups. He more or less moves the puck to avoid having the puck taken from him. I saw no dead plays he kept alive. Infact, just the opposite. More often than not when he had the puck, it was taken from him and the play died. Watch his game carefully, and you'll see this is true. He is still great on faceoffs and the PK, but that's it.

Last edited by ohbaby: 12-29-2010 at 04:29 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote