Thread: Sit Him Out!
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 10:48 AM
jofa

vCash: 500
What's the problem with Lowe being publicly critical of his players? It happens in every sport and in every city. Comrie wasn't even completely singled out for his lack of game in the playoffs. If I remember correctly, they were aiming their criticism at all of their star players who needed to step up, but didn't.

Look at what was said by the Sens about Spezza, about how he was still a boy and a boy can't play in a man's game. Spezza didn't like it, sure, but he went down and worked harder and improved his game, and I'm sure he'll be a better player as a result.

Lowe's comments were likely intended to light a fire under Comrie in order to get him motivated to take his game to the next level, and apparently they've backfired. But if he can't take simple criticism like that, if that is in fact the reason why he wants out, then I'm not sure if that's the type of attitude we need on this team. The Oil are all about getting more out of less, about winning games because they want it more. Maybe he would be happier playing for a city that doesn't care as much about hockey or that wants to win as much as Edmonton does. Then he can get his paycheque and be anonymous on the street, and life will be perfect.