View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Yeah - but having Kennedy sitting in the pressbox instead of White for most of the year would have meant 1,825 more in cap space. Prorated that is like 5 million at the deadline. tell me that would have been a worse scenario. No need to involve Donald Brashear into this....Just manage the cap wisely...Someone like Jovocop could be a good rental pickup for us then without costing that much more - that opportunity is now basically out of reach due to the great White Sparks "veteran lockerroom prescence"... I do not see how that is not a bothersome situation... but thatīs just me...
It would've also meant stunting Kennedy's development...we're still going to own the kid's rights next season.

And from what I've heard, Kennedy hasn't been all that impressive in Hartford either.

There is a need to involve Brashear in this because Brashear would've been a cap hit whether or not he was on the roster.

And the opportunity for a rental like Jovanovski isn't out of reach because you can easily move someone like Gilroy to create additional cap space if you want to bring in another d-man.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote