View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I think all of Colorado, L.A., Vancouver, and Detroit would have little to no problem sweeping the Rangers in a 7 game series. We have a hard enough time trying to beat Philly who themselves, looked like a completely different (and inferior) team last night. After watching them get spanked around by the Canucks, I realize we still have a way's to go.

Dallas is right up there in the standings with these high caliber teams. If the Stars make it out of the West, I think they'll win the Cup. Trading Richards now, and you have no chance. If you're one of those bottom 3 teams in the West it's a much different story. At the very least, I think Dallas owes it to their fans to make a run for the Cup this year, so trading Richards would be a huge mistake on their part.

As for the Rangers, I especially wouldn't give up assets for a guy who may just decide to go back to Dallas next year after helping us get to the second round of the playoffs (and that's it). Next, watch Anisimov become a star there, and help them win a cup like Zubov did .

Around the league, I think many teams at the top have players who are reaching their respective peaks. Vancouver for instance, is a team that keeps sticking with their top younger players (who are now all grown up) year after year and inevitably, It's going to pay off for them (imo).

I think the Rangers should just keep what they have and let the team continue to grow and get better year after year (while still committing to player development, good scouting, and adding more and more young talent through the draft). It's also probably the best way to avoid these long agonizing playoff droughts, horrific player contracts, and bad trades.

After a few years, our young kids won't be young any more and we'll be competing for a top 3 seed in the playoff bracket every season, instead of just trying to sneak in at #7 or #8. At this point, it will be easier to assess exactly what deals (if any) need to be made to get the Rangers over the hump and in a position to contend for the Cup every year.
I think you haven't seen much of L.A. or Colorado play this season if you a) want to group them in with Detroit and Vancouver and b) think the Rangers wouldn't at the least win a game in a 7 game series against them.

I also think you probably haven't seen many western conference games in general for you to ignore Dallas. I get that they don't have the goaltending LA or Colorado do, but they've been the much better and much more consistent team.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote