View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
As I think about it more and more I begin to agree that things need to be done to really take a shot with Gaborik and Lundqvist before their primes are over.

It needs to be similar to what was done to maximize our opportunity with Jagr the final years here. Nylander and Straka were the core elements aside from Jagr and Lundqvist...then you added Shanahan, Avery, Cullen, etc. and gave yourself a team that IMO save a couple of bad breaks in Buffalo probably made it to the stanley cup finals because I believe we matched up better against Ottawa than Buffalo did that year. Albeit, our chances against Anaheim wouldn't have been good, you never know what's going to happen in a 7 game series.

Similar things need to happen now. The only difference to me is the glaring hole at 1C that wasn't here that year with Jagr. We also probably have more of the Shanahan and Cullen type players in place, however.

If we could find a way to get a 1C and a top 4 defenseman like Jovonavski, not that it looks all that possible, I think this team can give any team in the league a run for their money in a 7 game series and can at least go deep into the playoffs. Maybe get to the conference finals finally.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote