View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGCougarsDynasty View Post
Ebert may be a lot more offensive minded than murray, but there could be a few factors that would cause murray to be picked ahead of ebert. He became Everett's best defencemen as a sixteen year old last year and was +33. He captained canada to gold at the summer U18 and probably wouldn't have looked out of place on the U20 this year. Barring injury he will play in the WJs in his draft year (Ebert has less of a chance to play for US IMO). However, if Ebert is as good as you say he is it will be a tight race. I honestly believe that these two will be the ones who will battle for first overall in 2012.
I am not downing Murray at all. He is an offensive defensemen that simply hasnt had the numbers that one would expect this season. Now numbers arent the end all, and I usually argue that, but in the WHL it seems dmen score in bunches and he hasnt.

I am sure Murray has improved his all around game, but Ebert is every bit of a two way threat as well. Ebert needs to work on things as well, but what he currently has (skillset) not many others can match.

as for the WJC, I would be floored if Ebert does not make Team USA next year. Though the blueline will be crowded from the likes of : Forbort, Merrill, Faulk, Clendening, Oleksiak, Tinordi, Johns, Levi, Mayfield, Russo etc, USA Hockey will make room for him the way they did with Fowler last season. I hope both are at the WJC representing their respective countries, as it will be a nice battle to see how they both perform on a big stage.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote