View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
None. But event though they won't score 40 goals, they'll compete. If Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, etc aren't scoring they're doing something else (competing, playing in their own end of the ice, you know, actually playing the game) as opposed to doing nothing. I'd rather have them than that locker room cancer with a contract that make Redden's, Drury's, and Gomez's look like great signings.
I'm glad you know what's going on in the Devils locker room. I'll gladly take his contract any day. It's a bargain. You don't acquire goal scorers to compete in their own end. If you have a good team, you can afford to have a couple of floaters if they score as much as Kovalchuk does. Unfortunately, Kovalchuk, through no fault of his own, has never been on a good team.

Quote:
And I seriously doubt Kovalchuk touches 40 this year. If we had signed him this offseason and produced as he is producing now, how many people would be complaining now? He would be treated as the next contract in line to hamstring the franchise.
I seriously doubt he touches 40 this year, but I certainly don't doubt that he'll touch 40 again, and not only once. That's why judging a player of his stature on 3 months in a situation with so many difficult circumstances is just silly and senseless.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote