View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
The truth is, right now, there are only 3 teams in the East that I'm not confident we could beat in a 7 game series. Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Boston. I honestly think we can beat Washington in a 7 game series, and I'm confident against every other team in the East. When there's only 3 teams you can say that about, you're pretty close to being a contender.
When 3 (I think 4) are better than you, that means you are losing in the first or at best second round. To get to the Finals, the Rangers would have to beat least 2, maybe 3 teams against which they would be underdogs.

Is that really "pretty close"?

If the Rangers weren't such a miserable failure since the 1997-98 season, nobody would even bat an eye this year as a possible contender.

It's kind of like when you haven't eaten for 36 hours, all of a sudden McDonald's seems like a $100 steak.

This is a good up-and-coming team. After all those years when the Rangers were the oldest (sometimes by far the oldest) team in the league, it's a pleasure watching some young kinds not just play, but lead the team.

But to call today's Rangers a contender is ridiculous. Really ridiculous. It's a 1-2 round team. If it gets to the third round and gets swept there, we should all be really happy.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote