Thread: Speculation: Trade A Goalie
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Bad Hat Harry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENG FTW View Post
he's a 5 million dollar cap hit for two more years that's all that really matters, not his actual salary. Giguere was 32 when he got traded you're talking about trading Thomas at 37/38. i already gave multiple examples of how trading either one would make the Bruins better. right now you have a valuable asset not being used, not to mention sitting on the bench and playing once a month does nothing to help Tuukka's developmental. Bruins need to either decide to make serious run at a Cup or take another year or two to develop a few more players. im getting tired of these half heart efforts to win a Cup.
Giguere had a .900 save % and 3.14 GAA with a 6 mil cap hit prior to getting traded. Granted he was only 32, he has only gotten worse. If Giguere can be traded with stats and a salary like that, I think Thomas can.

Trading Thomas will not make us better right now. I agree not playing doesn't really help Tuukka's development, but he will see time this year. Once Thomas cools down, Rask will play.

I'm guessing they are gonna go with option number two. I can't see them trading away Rask in a deal for PMD. He's too valuable to give up.

Bad Hat Harry is offline   Reply With Quote