Old
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That was one of the worst years of hockey for me. Robitaille was dealt to Pittsburgh for Rick Tocchet (although I was a fan of Tocchet, but never wanted to see Robitaille dealt to acquire him). Zhitnik is traded. The Kings fail to acquire any offensive help as Rob Blake misses half the season. Tony Granato has the worst season of his career offensively. It was an all around disaster, topped off by McNall going into bankruptcy with rumors of the Kings possibly moving.

Then you had the Kings bringing in castoffs like John Druce, Randy Burridge, Michel Petit, and even Rob Brown (who had some success playing with Mario Lemieux) got an audition that didn't last long. Not to mention the forgetful d-pairing of Rob Cowie and Chris Snell. Yes, that is one season I wish I could have erased from my memory.
Burridge is now teaching power skating at Lakewood Glacial Gardens. I laughed when I saw the advertisement. Obviously an NHL player is an elite skater and somebody to learn from but he's not exactly my first choice to improve my skating technique. Rob Cowie made me puke when he wore 77.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote