Thread: Confirmed with Link: Predators claim Svatos
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2010, 12:41 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
If you're going to come over and troll another team's board, at least be accurate. To get back at Vancouver, the Blues signed Steve Bernier to an offer sheet, not Kessler.

Also, I highly doubt that the Blues will respond with an offer sheet to any Nashville RFA simply because they took Svatos from waivers. 1. plucking a guy from waivers isn't even close to the same thing as signing a guy to an offer sheet and 2. the Blues aren't going to want to start some sort of offer sheet war with Nashville - Oshie, Berglund, Sobotka, Polak and a few other minor players are all RFAs this summer and EJ and Perron are RFAs the summer after that. I trust that the Blues have enough foresight to not do something that stupid...especially over Marek Svatos.

Besides, the Blues did the same think to the Coyotes 5 years ago. Vladimir Orszagh (a player Nash fans should be familiar with) started the season in the SEL but then signed with Phoenix halfway through the season. The Blues plucked him from waivers just like Nashville plucked Svatos today. It was a very low risk signing by the Blues, especially with it being a two-way deal...but that made it low risk and thus enticing for other teams as well. Svatos had the potential to be a decent stop-gap option for the Blues but oh well.
It has mad me laugh reading the boards seeing Blues fan saying that STL will go to war with us over Marek freaking Svatos!

It's not as if the Preds did this just to spite the blues. Our forward corps is decimated and needs immediate help. Personally I don't think Svatos is really the answer to anything but he does have prior goal scoring prowess and at least DP did something. I'll give him that. Hopefully this provides more of a mental spark for the team more than anything because I don't see Svatos making a big difference himself.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote