View Single Post
Old
12-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Sather, is that you?

This team is finally, after what, 12 years or so, forming a team identity. No more rentals, no more soulless mercenary team that wouldn't try to win a board battle if their lives depended on it.

The team is finally getting somewhat successful through a combination of skill and hard work (mostly hard work). Then the answer is obviously to dismantle it and trade away, to grasp for straws? Learnt anything from the trade fiascos yet? How many rentals for cup runs have worked in the past throughout the league, how many have paid off? I think the statistics is abysmal.

Guess what. Sure, Fumblez and Dreaden are gone. But Dreary isn't. His salary should have been Drury + a solid core player. But now we're stuck with just Dreary. When Drury's albatross contract is gone and the pups have another season or two of experience, then we can look ahead. But now? Haven't part of this team's fanbase learnt anything from all those quick fixes for broken cup runs? Give the team time. This isn't our year. This is the year to get playoff experience and just try to get as far as possible.

This team needs a winning mentality that you can only get from expecting to win every game and play like you believe it, before you're ready. I've said it for a couple of years now: the cup run can start at 2012/2013, not sooner. First, it has to collectively pay for Sather's past mistakes and learn from their own.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-30-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote