Thread: Marc Savard
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Wingnut31

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wingnut31 Send a message via AIM to Wingnut31 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingnut31
I know Marc and I'd be very surprised if you'd ever find a guy who cares as much about hockey as he does, he will be a point a game guy in Atlanta before he's done, 25 goals and 55 assists maybe would be the right balance for him, he's a great passer that sees the ice better than most so if he plays with a goal scorer who can find the holes they'll do just fine.
I think he left New York because they just don't stay with young guys long enough to develop but that might be the market The Rangers are in having to compete for fans with The Devils.
The Calgary trade makes no sense at all to me, it's obvious to play for Gilbert you had to have a strong defensive game which Marc lacks a little but to trade him a couple of weeks before you fire Gilbert was just stupid, Gilbert was on thin ice so why you wouldn't hold on to your skill players and see if they were a better fit with a new coach is beyond me.
On a different note I wonder if Schremp doesn't want to play in The OHL for The Ice Dogs because of Gilbert.
Just my 2 cents worth.