View Single Post
Old
06-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I'd disagree. Betts has the best shot to be a average NHLer more then most of those names in bold. Problem is I highly doubt he will ever play more then 30 games in a NHL season because of his injuries... especially his sholder...one hit and hes out.
Part of being a NHLer is being able to play your game over the course of a season. There are substantial doubts based on what's happened to Betts over the last 3 years. There is no way that he can be counted on to make it through a season. Then why even bother when this coming season is going to be difficult enough for the Rangers to navigate? They need more experienced young players to help in this rebuild. If Betts had been healthy all along, then maybe he would be a valuable piece of the puzzle. But, if he'd been healthy all along, we (and Calgary) would know if he could reach his potential.

Once again, I ask (not necessarily to you flyline), why take a chance on this guy, when there will be plenty of other players about his age and skill level--who have played much more in the last 3 years--out there?