View Single Post
Old
06-22-2005, 05:15 AM
danaluvsthekings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I dont think we need to either, I just took the idea from another board to see what kind of responses we got. Does Miller really only have one more year?
Miller's got two years left. He signed a 4 year $14 mil deal when Schneider was traded. Schneider's played 1 full season in Detroit and then the lockout will wipe a year off contracts which means Miller's got 2 years left. Norstrom's the one with 1 year left on his deal. According to the NHLPA site both Norstrom and Miller will be making $2.6 mil or so after the 24% rollback. It doesn't seem like much but my thinking is it might not be a bad deal to buy out Miller and then use that $2.6 mil towards someone else. There are going to be a ton of UFA defensemen and some very good ones out there. Potentially guys like Foote, Rafalski, Neidermayer, Gonchar, Pronger, Aucoin. Aaron's a nice enough guy and he battles hard but in the last 5 years he's played 53, 69, 74, 49, and 35 games. He's not exactly the most durable guy to put it politely. Sure the Kings have been a magnet for injuries the last two seasons but having players that are known to be injury prone doesn't help the situation. It's like if the Kings sign Lindros or Kariya as UFAs, everyone knows it won't be long until they get hurt. Same with trading for Straka last year. I'm surprised the guy didn't lose a limb in some freak accident playing for LA. I think the Kings should explore their options with Miller. They might be able to get some picks for him from a team that needs help reaching the cap floor.