Old
12-30-2010, 06:59 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
'There's no desire on my part to trade Jarome'

I can't imagine there's much 'want' to trade him; ideally, he wins a Stanley Cup and retires a Flame. But the reality might be such that if LA offered Brayden Schenn, Thomas Hickey and a 1st, Feaster would have to be high as a kite AND grossly incompetent to turn that offer down.

'Intellectually honest' was something they played over and over on the Fan; Feaster isn't going to delude himself into thinking this is a Cup team. But he can't say less than halfway through the year 'we're blowing it up' either, not if he expects people to show up and watch this team.

Hopefully he finds a way to move pieces like Regehr and Bourque for high returns and still manages to hold on to Iggy, but if we go into a full rebuild, I don't see how that can realistically happen.
Watching Schenn at the WJ, I'd take Iginla for Schenn straight up. We got Iginla for Nieuwendyk straight up and that helped Dallas win a cup, so why not go full circle with this thing. LA is an instant favorite with Iggy in the lineup, and Schenn could be a future franchise player like Iggy has been.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote