View Single Post
Old
12-30-2010, 06:53 PM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well yeah, "Courturier" doesn't look like a top 10 pick because he doesn't exist.
Maybe you mean "Couturier", and if so, are you freaking out because he has 2 points in 3 games at the WJC playing mostly in checking role?

Leading the QMJHL in scoring at 17 (four months played at age 16), all while being incredibly defensively responsible and even being played as a defenseman by Guy Boucher isn't good enough for you?
20 points (2G and a ridiculous 18A, even though his teammates aren't as good as they were last year) in the 6 games prior to the Canadian selection camp isn't good enough either?
Or his over 1.5PPG pace, even though he's not even a month removed from turning 18?

For me, he's done nothing to justify not being a top 2 pick.
Cool man. Waste a paragraph on me not spelling a French Canadian name correctly. You're the man. And you're last sentence is so wrong. Was the first overall pick his god given right? There are questions about the kid. People wanted to see how he'd preform against top competition, and he's looked average at best. You do have to earn that top spot. It's not just given to you.

In past tournaments, the top picks oozed talent. Kane, Hall, Tavares, Hedman all looked the part. This kid doesn't. He might end up being a good player, but I wouldn't want him first overall. Just my two cents.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote