Thread: Waived: Ryan Parent
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Red

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Parent has more experience than Petry, and has more skill than Peckham. I just believe that a big part of this kids troubles have been because he hasn't been able to have that top 4 role. The reason I say 25 mintues is because I would pair him with Gilbert who would likely be our number 1 d-man.
IMO, his big problem is not that he's not been able to have a top 4 role or top minutes, it's that he handles the puck like a hand granade in his own zone and has major confidence issues. Putting him out there for 25 minutes a night to get eaten alive is not going to help him - the kid will absolutely implode.

I think you guys take him though (I hope you don't, we need the depth considering our history of injuries on D). At worst, he's a good stopgap for a month or so until someone better is available. But at this point in his career, Parent really needs to play significant time in the minors to get his career back on track and get some confidence. He doesn't look anything like a shutdown d-man - he looks like a guy you put out there to eat 10 minutes a game and pray he doesn't make a mistake.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote