View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Would you agree on these two items?

1. If Comrie improved on Gomez' production, it would be by about 10 points at most.

2. Those ten points would not be worth all the extra salary and aggrivation that would be picked up in the trade by NJ.
I would agree with point number 1.

For point number 2, I am not totally knowledgeable what exactly that aggravation would be. The more time goes on...the more that this is less and less about money. This is more about being criticized in the media, and having to deal with the fans as a hometown boy. Not being able to go into a 7-11 and buy a Slurpee after losing 5-1. Not being able to go to a bar and have a couple of quiet brews with a couple of buddies.

Everyone knows who Mike Comrie is in this town. I get the feeling he would rather play in Florida or New Jersey or anywhere.

Economically there has never been a word on either side about "How much?" That has been only speculation on everyone's count.

So, as far as aggravation...maybe trying to handle Primeau in the playoffs, but other than that, nothing else has been confirmed.(This comes from the point of view of someone who is not really a Comrie supporter)