View Single Post
Old
12-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumsh View Post
Remember Crosby's first playoff appearance? Sure, he had 5 points in 5 games, but it's Crosby we're talking about. Remember Crosby's (well, the entire Pen's roster for that matter) first finals appearance? Yeah, it wasn't pretty either. That's what playoff experience does for you. It's a slightly different game, and just knowing what those differences are is really valuable.

And no, playoff experience isn't what separates this team from the top. However, an increase in talent, say, by addition of Richards even for free, won't really push them over the top either without that experience. Going after Richards isn't a bad idea. Going after Richards in a trade, especially if keeping him isn't guaranteed, is a bad idea however.
I agree. Plus I feel we are finally going in the right direction as far as team chemistry, leadership, system buy-in etc, and that is a fragile thing esp for The New York Rangers. I don;t want to dismantle and mess with that.

And I'm gun-shy after the drury/gomez debacle.

Let's make some noise in the playoffs this year, re-group over the summer and THEN go for it.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote