View Single Post
Old
12-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.
Get down there as early as you can. I mean like around 1600, if you can. A few places that you don't need reservations are:

Bar Louie (one of my favorite places)
Brothers
Max and Erma's
343 front Street sports bar
Buca De Bepo
Flat Iron's (near Fire Station #1)
Rbar (earlier if possible)
North Market
Barley's
Boston's (earlier the better).
Chipotle
Cotter's
Sunny Street Cafe
W.G. Grinders
B.D.'s
There is also a Mexican restaurant across the street from Bar Louie.
Michael O'Toole's. You can usually get in there. Reason is that the food is not worth the price's. Only go there as a last resort.

Those aren't the only places, but since it is New Years Eve, the key is getting down there early. A lot of people will be going down there to eat that don't normally do that since it is for a special occasion.

Buca does not reserve all of it's tables and saves some for walk up's, but you still need to get there early if you don't want to wait forever. Places like Ted's and Boston's will be full by 1630 or 1645. Most games they are full by 1715, so it will be earlier tonight.

Good luck, hope this helped.

Last edited by Dr. Fire: 12-31-2010 at 08:31 AM.