View Single Post
Old
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Now, let's face it. The Rangers will be after a few big name UFA's but who? Personally, I'd like to see Zhitnik come to New York so Tyutin can be paired with Kasparaitis and Kondratiev can be paired with Zhitnik to help their development.

your thoughts?
Not so sure about that. Think Sather will fill the roster trough trades. We have about 20-25 decent prospects and 4 picks in the top 2 rounds next year. Thats more assets to work with then any other team in the league. Rangers don't have the top level prospects, but they aren't gooing to be traded anyway. When good young(22-28 y/o) players becomes available Sather will be in a great position.

If we keep Holik and Kaspar I don't see us signing a single UFA, besides a goalie... We have 4 players around 35 y/o. We don't need more, what we do need is good players just entering their prime. These guys aren't dealt often, but I am sure that this season probably more then normal there are gooing to be players holding out ect. Nobody knows what leverege to use in contract negotiations. The team that are gooing to be most successful in negotiating cheap contracts will be the team with the most success.