View Single Post
Old
12-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Harold Snepsts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I don't understand how Auger is still a ref, I remembered Burrows calling out Auger sometime during the year, claiming that the ref took something personal that he said before the game. Burrows claimed that he made the team pay the price for it by calling phony penalties during the game. There might be an interview of it somewhere on youtube, I don't remember. I remember TSN making a big deal out of it.
Auger went up to Burrows in the pregame skate and told him he'd get him back for what he thought was embellishment in a previous game.

Quote:
He said Auger approached him before the game and told him he was going to get him back for embellishing a Dec. 8 hit in Nashville that left Burrows crumpled on the ice, and resulted in Predators forward Jerred Smithson receiving a 5-minute major penalty for charging.

"It was personal," Burrows said. "It started in warm-up before the anthem. The ref came over to me and said I made him look bad in Nashville on the Smithson hit. He said he was going to get me back tonight and he did his job in the third."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4818137

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote