View Single Post
Old
12-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
lets not pretend Leighton did great. If Quick starts for them we are staring at a 3 game losing streak. You really think allowing 4 goals allowed is good? 4 or 5 of those goals allowed by Bernier were brutal.
How can you say that with such assurance when Quick gave up six goals to a weaker scoring Coyotes team and lost with a fresher team in front of him? There is way of knowing if Quick could have handled the Flyers better than Bernier did, or if the Flyers would have lit him up with more goals -- albeit Richards may not have had as much drive against him.

I really don't see Bernier's goals against as being brutral... Hartnell's was a ggod pass and a skate... Richards was a great deceptive pass by JvR which led to a slam dunk for Richards... Ville's was a real fine shot... one of those goes against him was on a 5-on-3... Briere's was an odd flutter that was difficult to stop.

That is not to say that Leighton played great... And personally I would have been surprised if he came in with an A game at this point... In the Third he did make some better saves and kept the Flyers lead from getting whittled... He didn't handle the rebound situations very well as I saw it, and should improve that -- he BETTER improve that -- and make it easier on himself in the future. He was not good, but nowhere as brutal as SOME people are making him out to be. At this point he has to greatly improve to play with the other two on the depth charts; he may do that yet... we will have to wait and see how much he does.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote