View Single Post
Old
12-31-2010, 04:35 PM
twisted by dezign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
Overeem is not the best HW in the world. How does beating cans like James Thompson, Fujita, Goodridge, Duffee mean absolutely anything? He's only beaten 1 top 10 fighter in his last 10 fights (Rogers).

Velasquez and Lesnar are both unquestionably ranked higher. Arguably Big Nog, Junior Dos Santos, Fedor, Fabricio Werdum as well.

Overeem seems content to fight K-1 and endless meaningless MMA fights in Japan. He can't ever be number 1 unless he's in the UFC, based on the location of the current heavyweights.

Look at what happened to Fedor.... Dominates in Pride, then gets subbed by a guy that more or less flunked out of the UFC (Werdum). Beating Duffee means nothing, Overeem is not the best HW.
UFC has some awesome fighters but you sound like a UFC fanboy.

You discredit Werdrum too much. He is the best submission artist in the HW division. There is no shame in getting submitted by Werdum.

Lesnar can take a punch in terms of not getting KOed/TKOed right off the bat and has excellent wrestling but he doesn't have much MMA experience compared to many other fighters. He also loses his composure when he gets hit - yes, most of us would too getting hit by heavyweights but he honestly looks scared of taking punches. How would this help against a man like Overeem who has the ability to destroy fighters with iron chins (Fujita, anyone?) with K-1 level striking?

I say Overeem can battle it out with the best of them. Sure, I would love to see him in the UFC to see how he fares against the HWs there. You can't deny that Overeem is the best heavyweight striker in MMA and has improved exponentially since his foray into the HW division. Sure, Duffee may not be an elite fighter but I don't see anybody in the UFC taking him out in 19 seconds. If Duffee won everybody would be exclaiming how amazing Duffee is but since Overeem won everybody thinks that Duffee is a can.