View Single Post
Old
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
lets see, he won the beanpot, a national title, was the youngest player by far selected to team usas national team, absolutely tore apart the NCAA after coming back from the WJC last year....

yeah, nothing to be excited about ;-)

hes had a slow start this year...but he absolutely ripped apart the competition last year during and after the wjc. and despite his slow start hes still on pace to eclipse what he did last year.
your right about all that, but after the world juniors last year he was being talked about as if he were a man among boys with his speed and finish. People wanted him at Rangers camp this past Septemeber. I dont think he's ready for that. His play at BC this year has underwhelmed me, he's 5th in goals and 6th in points on his squad. He has no powerplay goals. I understand he's a Soph, but again, his hype lead me to believe he'd be leading the team in scoring.
Now to be honest, I've only seen 5 BC games this year, but I can honestly say his play hasn't excited me.
That doesn't mean I dont think he's an awesome prospect, but yeah, I look at the BC stat line and the games I've seen and say, meh, he's still a full season in the AHL away from earning a spot on the big club.

Not excited about this years play definately doesn't mean I don't think highly of the kid. And when I said this year, i should have been clear that I meant this college hockey season. The WJ's, Bean pot and NCAA were all 10-12 months ago.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote