View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
<Toronto in 6 over NJ ( Older NJ defence caves in as Toronto's youngsters impress)>
Youngsters? Oh you mean like 31-year old Mikeal Renberg and 29-year old Darcy Tucker. Their AVERAGE age is nearly 33 years old!!!! This ins not a reincarnation of 67's over-the-hill gang either. THose were almost all hall-of-famers and I don't consider Marchment, Tom Fitzgerald,Tie Domi and even Gary Roberts (whoop-dee-doo, won't get 500 goals, only one 50 goal season, no 100 pt. season, what kind of standards does the HOF set if he gets in?)to be hall of famers. Nieuwendyk seems to have a chance as does Sundin, but the team is old but not good enough. Honestly, you think that Nathan Perrot, Nik Antropov, Carlo Coliaccavo and Matt Stajan will be the difference in the Leafs winning the East this year? Old D of New Jersey? Well, even without Daneyko, yes. But it is still way better than the Leafs defense. You'd take Tomas Kaberle over Scott Stevens, Bryan McCabe over Brian Rafalski, Bryan Marchment over Scott Niedermayer I bet. There's no contest. Besides, the Leafs younger D is even more injury prone than the Devils older D.
My Eastern conf. prediction:
1. Ottawa
2. Philly
3. Tampa Bay
4. New Jersey
5. Toronto
6. Boston
7. NY Islanders
8. Montreal

9. Washington
10. NY Rangers
11. Florida