View Single Post
Old
01-01-2011, 12:48 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I was on a holliday trip nearby L.A and i got to watch 5 games on Foxsports west, where i decided that for that time i would root for the Kings as if i was a life long fan with the rest of the familly. 1st thing i notice is if we took our biased point of views aside. 2 arguments for this thread.

We are one hell of a boring team!

Argument A
When the Kings were flat and nothing was going on, Murray would send his bottom 6 lines ( real bottom 6 lines) of Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds and Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth and those would straight out destroy everything that moves. For the 1st time in a very long time i felt like i was watching a hockey game instead of a Jacques Martin chess game. Who shakes the team when nothing goes well? Nobody!!!!!! I don't care that Martin brought us to the Eastern conference finals last season, this team shows 0 emotion, 0 hits, 0 fights, nothing...

Argument B
Now that i've made a case for the bottom 6 and the toughness part of the game let's talk about top players and talent. Of course some will probably start pointing out that we don't have a Doughty or a Kopitar on the Habs, and with both they would be right. BUT, one thing they do have that don't is freedom, it's fairly obvious that they don't play in a so tight system like we do. For a team that has system where puck control is important, we sure get rid of the puck fast compared to them, they don't skate so damn close to each other and when it's time to push forward for a shot or better yet a goal, they don't do it half way so that their back-checking doesn't suffer, and it makes it A LOT more exciting to watch.

We need change.
Good post dude. I like the Kings the last few years too.

But I especially like how we kicked the sh-it out of them from 1967-1980.

The Kings are entertainment in a town that likes entertainment. Win or lose Jack Nicholson shows up in shades and a fedora, for some much needed distraction.

They don't have to win dude, though I think it would be great if they won a cup. There's so much cash and free time in LA, it's beyond belief. They'd be toast of the town and go to amazing parties all summer. It would be great for hockey.

Meanwhile we HAVE to win. There's so much more pressure on our players, coach and GM than in LA. You can't compare.

BTW I'd love to do 2 weeks in LA. I hope you coked it up and slept with at least one second rate wannabe actress dude.

Cheers and Happy 2011!

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote