View Single Post
Old
01-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Pascal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
If Quebec City and Nordique fans can lobby the govt to put up money for an arena, why can we not lobby the government to allow Habs players to play tax free? We're not talking about a lot of money in the long run here.

Since we are never at the bottom of the pile and never will have a chance to pick a superstar, unless we find a Zetterberg or Datsyuk (which nobody ever does), the only other way is to get UFA's here.

There seems to be a misconception that Quebec taxes are higher than taxes in that bracket elsewhere. They aren't from what I understand, except for states that don't collect income tax like FLorida and Texas, etc. Just a thought.
This has to be a joke. You want to give millionaires tax exemptions? Do you pay taxes? Cuz I don't want to pay Mr. Gomez's share because he makes 10000x more than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
have you driven on the roads in "la belle province"?
Two days ago I went to Toronto and on the way back it was so funny to see that as soon as I crossed the Quebec border the roads got progressively worse. It's like night and day. The roads in Toronto are actually smooth and without holes everywhere!

We don't need better roads as much as hockey players need a new car, though. Let's not go crazy here.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote