View Single Post
Old
01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Whoa, hold on now. Bobrovsky had 100 games of professional hockey under his belt prior to coming to the Flyers at age 21 (turning 22). You say price has over 200 games of NA experience, and you include WHL in that, as well. Well, if you do that, you need to take into account Bobrovsky's games in the Russian youth system, too. Looking at, say, Price's career record prior to his stint with the Canadiens, Bobrovsky's actually looks more impressive to me by a long shot. The level of play in the Russian league is way above WHL, and Price's 200 games you allude consisted mostly of WHL experience and a paltry 12 games in the AHL (which is not at the level of KHL, either, the only thing that gets it closer to the NHL is the similarity in the style of play). Same goes for Brodeur. I don't know where you found 200 games, but all I see is a couple of seasons in the QMJHL. So you may argue that we got a cat in the bag with Bobrovsky, but you can't say that is because of his lack of experience, because he clearly has more than most of the goalies coming into the NHL.
The KHL really isn't all that much better then the Q or AHL from what I understand. Anyways, I just looked up all their stats and included all the major pro leagues in the totals.

Regardless, this is all besides the point though so I don't really care.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote