View Single Post
Old
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madic View Post
Jesus H, do you have to there? No, he can't. No, he won't. Don't turn this into a Jordan Staal thread that ends in people laughing at you, please.
Just a suggestion and it's just speculation. Pens are also playing quite well without Staal and Versteeg would be excellent playing beside Geno. It's not like Versteeg is some 28 year old vet, he is only 24 and he can still develop into a 60+ 2-way winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Um yea actually. You guys picked up Versteeg with what idea? For him to play on the top line. Because like many, you saw him as a top line player being played on the 2nd/3rd on the cup winning Blackhawks.

We can go back to the threads when he was picked up. Most Leaf fans sure as hell weren't hoping he'd be a 55 point player.

Hes 3rd line on one of the worst teams in the league. So no, his value has gone down. Not up.
We weren't expecting him to play on the top line, more like 2nd line. I expected the top line to be Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel but Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur is a line with tremendous chemistry and they stuck together. Kessel line is without a winger and they tried using Versteeg there but it didn't work well because it's 3 small guys and there was no board play so Versteeg ended up being on the 3rd line but I believe he plays more than any other forwards and play all situation. He's moved to the point on PP and the PP has been pretty good after that. PK sucks but goaltending and defense has been pretty poor.

He should be playing on the 2nd line but he can't because RW won't break up Grabo line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
This is smell's like the habs are in on it. Wouldn't be a bit surprised.
I think he would fit in well with the Habs. Who knows, without Markov, he could be a good replacement at the point.

What would you guys offer?

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote