Old
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Just a suggestion and it's just speculation. Pens are also playing quite well without Staal and Versteeg would be excellent playing beside Geno. It's not like Versteeg is some 28 year old vet, he is only 24 and he can still develop into a 60+ 2-way winger.

We weren't expecting him to play on the top line, more like 2nd line. I expected the top line to be Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel but Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur is a line with tremendous chemistry and they stuck together. Kessel line is without a winger and they tried using Versteeg there but it didn't work well because it's 3 small guys and there was no board play so Versteeg ended up being on the 3rd line but I believe he plays more than any other forwards and play all situation. He's moved to the point on PP and the PP has been pretty good after that. PK sucks but goaltending and defense has been pretty poor.

He should be playing on the 2nd line but he can't because RW won't break up Grabo line.

I think he would fit in well with the Habs. Who knows, without Markov, he could be a good replacement at the point.

What would you guys offer?
Weber And some picks ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote