View Single Post
Old
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Machida will likely win, but I don't think it's as sure fire as you make it seem.

The guy can still keep pretty much anyone up against the cage. Hell, he was able to keep Lesnar pressed up against the cage for a round+ before getting clipped in the back of the head.
Not sure if Randy will be able to catch Machida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Being the Brett Favre of the UFC he doesn't know when to hang it up. Machida will dominate him. I think Randy's relentless pressure will require a lot of preparation. At the same time just because Randy isn't easy he is a big underdog here. Machida is an assassin and just because of his last two losses doesn't mean that he isn't the same fighter that went 16-0 with an exclamation mark. I won't bet against him nevermind bet on Randy to beat him. Randy is still a threat on the scoreboard. But I see Machida giving him to the same tactful precision in striking that Liddell did. Never count Randy out.
Machida got KO'd pretty badly. Its not easy to recover from that. Some fighters never do. I think this is Randy doing a favour for Dana. If Machida loses, look for him to be cut from the UFC. I dont think they appreciate his "elusive" style. Machida has everything to lose and nothing to gain from this fight imo.