View Single Post
Old
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Not sure if Randy will be able to catch Machida.

Machida got KO'd pretty badly. Its not easy to recover from that. Some fighters never do. I think this is Randy doing a favour for Dana. If Machida loses, look for him to be cut from the UFC. I dont think they appreciate his "elusive" style. Machida has everything to lose and nothing to gain from this fight imo.
His style is growing tiresome with impatient spectators. I am every bit a fan of a style that succeeds. He is a counter-striker. He makes aggressive opponents pay. At least he did up until the KO Rua handed him. You're right in saying he lost something when he got knocked out. I don't see this holding a fighter of such an elite level of discipline and focus. He is floating right now that his invisible force-field of invincibility has been broken. I think Randy wants to win and believes he actually can. He's a fierce competitor that takes these types of challenges with pride and the idea that he can win. I don't see it being a favour as much as he can't quit and wants to win. It's his lifelong passion. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I don't either, but I feel that he shouldn't be counted out. I definitely wouldn't be betting on Randy, but to be completely honest I wouldn't be shocked if Randy won a decision over Machida.
No fighter should ever be counted out. Otherwise it would never be interesting. But there are cases such as this that we can almost see the probable outcome. Not a punchers chance in this case but a grinders hope in winning on the cards. He will have difficulty getting a hold of Machida. Or even pinning him for that matter. I see it ending Couture's career by TKO.