View Single Post
Old
01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Actually, Versteeg is an extremely solid 2 way player. He is far and away our best PK forward.

To get him from the Leafs will require a massive overpayment. Meaning high end prospect, a legit top 2 centre, or a very high draft pick.

As usual, the value is somewhere in between the two extremes in this thread. Versteeg is a good player. He's not what the Rangers need right now. I question his seriousness and focus. He seems like a very nonchalant guy. I have questions about his drive, especially now that he's already won the cup. With that said, I'd still welcome him with open arms because he's a fast-thinking, smart, skilled player (although not very far above average at anything), even though he's not exactly what we need right now. But I'm not going to overpay at all. Right now, I'd give up a 2nd and a mid-level prospect like Bourque or Werek for him. Perhaps an expiring contract like White / Gilroy / Frolov to make it work cap-wise. That's absolutely as far as I'd go at this point. I doubt the Leafs move him this year, but if they do, I highly doubt they'd get much more than that from any team.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote