Thread: Rumor: Beauchemin to SJ
View Single Post
Old
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I sit where you do if it's for the right assets going the other way. I doubt this board will be happy with anyone that's actually available.
The issue is wasting limited assets. Unless the guy is going to make a difference in wins and losses in the playoffs, it isn't worth it. After seeing what the Sharks need, Beauchemin is on the side of ridiculous in terms of waste. Same as Wallin last year.

In terms of what the Sharks can give up, it would be foolish to lose Seto. IMO, Ferriero is a nice substitute for the top lines but is not a top 6 winger. Seto may be at some point. The Sharks don't have anyone outside of Seto who may become a regular top 6. Including Seto gives them 7 top 6's with no prospects of another in the system in the near to mid future in terms of NHL readiness. Just enough in number to cover injuries at 7. Mitchell, McGinn, etc. would not upset me if they were lost to the Sharks as I don't see them even approaching top 6 status ever and they aren't very good when subbing on top lines. I realize the assets determine what can be returned and I understand that cuts the expectations in terms of what the Sharks can get.

Shuffling the chess pieces on the board without getting a real improvement in position is a waste and just gives DW a bad rep with the players. Sacrificing a pawn for no real improvement in position is an even worse option. DW's best move may be to go to the players and tell them that he isn't buying help this time around unless their play indicates that the players that are already here are ready for the playoffs. We haven't seen that yet this year in terms of consistency and rarely in individual games.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote