Old
01-03-2011, 12:44 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3machine View Post
I couldnt disagree with you more. The ice and weather conditions were the same for both teams. There was no advantage either way. Whether it was a lousy game or not it is a great event, and much needed coverage for our league as the NHL is lost in between the NFL, NBA, MLB, and hell Nascar even..

Plain and simple. Our game needs the exposure. It needs the average fan. It needs a bunch of people who dont know a damn thing about hockey tuning in and saying "OH ****.. theres 80,000 people watching a hockey game.. and its outdoors!.. wow what a hit!.. theyre fighting!! .... etc" .. You catch my drift.

As for 24/7.. I think its very entertaining and true to life... and again.. it is some much needed coverage and exposure for our game..

Simply put. The NHL needs a fanbase outside of Canada. The Winter Classic and 24/7 are deifnitely helping achieve that. I for one like the new NHL.. its faster paced, less stopages.. loads of young talent top and bottom around the league..

The future looks bright
100% agreed. Right now hockey is buried on Versus in between deer hunting shows. It was a Caps-Penguins game, 2 teams I don't care about and I opted to watch the entire game instead of turning to the post hangover LA Kings.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote