Thread: Rumor: Beauchemin to SJ
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Huskins comes from Ontario and with his connection to Burke, I can see the trade that includes Huskins. Mitchell and Huskins would be a good trade for me. There are players that can replace Mitchell from the A.

....and for those trying to slant the conversation: Beauchemin is in no way a #5 defenseman. He's a middle pairing defender. Bottom pairs don't typically see more than 20 minutes a night. Beauchemin has never been below #3 on ATOI and that was when he played behind Nieds and Pronger.

05-06= 24.13 minutes per game
06-07= 25.28 minutes
07-08= 25.31 minutes
08-09= 24.54 minutes
09-10= 25.27 minutes
10-11= 23.57 minutes

Again, I am neutral on the trade because its not a full solution and it depends who would be sent. But I am pro on at least getting the facts right.
I would normally agree with this line of thinking, but for whatever reason the guy is atrocious out there and they just keep playing him. You have not said if you have watched him play this year, but I am going to guess that you have not watched much of him if any or I think you would agree with Easy and myself. The guy is a mess.

Plus again, he's a 3.8m defensemen who is NOT a rental. You would be 'stuck' with him next year as well, and if he does not improve that could be a real difference maker next year. I do not have much hope for this season, so let's not go screwing up next season as well in a futile effort to fix this one.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote