Old
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't see Richards as a fit. He would be an excellent playoff rental, but I highly doubt we would pay enough to acquire him should it come to that. We aren't expected to make a push for the cup this year, we'll try, but we are unlikely to be a heavy buyer this deadline unless something significant comes our way.

Edit: Had to drop back in and say, I have a strange feeling we are going to eventually end up with Gagne. He hasn't been putting up numbers in Tampa, but he has been playing in less opportune situations and with lesser linemates. I just see Lombardi taking a great interest in him at the deadline or this offseason in free agency. He was a 47 goal scoring left wing and is only 30, I just have a feeling Lombardi has an eye on him. Hopefully he has more focus on giving Parise some ridiculous offer sheet and giving the Devils the finger but, in the end, I think we will end up with Gagne to replace Sturm as the next experiment.
Gagne has been a disaster in Tampa-but he used to play for the Flyers! Done deal pal.