View Single Post
Old
01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
I've been surprisingly happy with our blueline this year. It was my biggest concern with the back up goalie slot being second. Suter and Weber are what everyone expects them to be. Klein has really come into his own as the third guy. Bouillon is a third pairing guy playing second pairing minutes, and sometimes it shows. Isn't his fault, and I don't think it's costing us games (or at least not very many). Franson and SOB work well together. Franson had a bad game, but it happens. I like his game, and I think it's been steadily improving. A lot of that credit has to go to coaching and work ethic, but you also have to look at SOB. O'Brien is out there playing a role that Bouillon tried to play last year paired with Cody, but Shane has the size to do it better. He's throwing the body, clearing the crease, and just plain nasty when he needs to be. It leave Franson open to concentrate more on his aspect of the game, and I think it's really helped his in-game improvement. Not a knock on Cube. He's a small guy playing a big guy's role, and I respect the hell out of it. He has really narrowed his game this season though, and I think he's done all we can expect with the TOI and opposition he faces night-in and night-out.

Oh and by the way, the back up goalie fears have been completely squashed, too.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote