View Single Post
Old
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
frito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
Just had a read of the USA Hockey ADM literature and I have to say that while I thought this cross ice business was OK for IP (5-6 year olds) it doesn't seem right for Novice (7-8 year olds). I find it strange that USA Hockey seems to have one age group all the way up to 8 year olds. In our minor hockey association in a town with a population base of around 10,000 we have a team of 2005&2006's, two teams of mostly 2004's and three teams of 2002&2003's. Do you guys really have 4 year olds along with kids who turn 9 before the end of the season all playing in Mites? On the same teams?
it can be set up so that it is stil kids of similar ages on the ice. In other words, a group of 5 - 6 year olds, another session for 7 - 8 year olds and another of 9 - 10 year olds. The program is designed for about 60 kids ot be on the ice at once. Logistically one would need to split the groups by age just to accomodate the number of kids. As I mentioned in a previous group, we put on a free demo that was attended primarily by squirt travel players. They were very sweaty and all smiles as they were coming off the ice.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote