Old
01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
I agree that getting 60-70k won't be the problem. The issue is NBC (or whoever has the TV rights) wants a game that will get ratings. Pens have gone twice because of Sid. The fact that the ratings were higher this year just told NBC that they were right putting Sid and OV in a game together. They would put the same two team next year if they could.

Doughty and Fowler are getting some national interest, but not enough for NBC to move the game west of the Mississippi River.
Doughty vs Fowler would be a pretty big step down from Ovechkin vs Crosby. Why not make it a challenge game where the winning team gets about 5 teams and 5 different venues to pick from? Televise the conference where it's announced. A little far fetched but it's an idea. My guess is the next Winter Classic will be Rangers-Canadians at Yankee Stadium. Looking at the standings and the teams that have already participated I'm struggling to find another great matchup so I'll throw in the Canadian team despite everything I've heard that NBC wants American teams only.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote