View Single Post
Old
06-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homunculous
To assume that Allison wouldnt come back is a bit of an assumption, what other team, would be willing to let a player who have been out of the game for pretty much 3 years center their first line. I have no doubt that Allison could puch Conroy out of that spot during training camp. What other team's fans would errupt like the Kings fans would when his name was called for the first time in so long? Sure he might not join us, but I'd put it at over %50 for him to. Plus he'd get to center Frolov and ummm well maybe Luc...... can't think of who else would deserve a first line role.
Allison, in a recent interview, said he's 100% symptom free. I don't know if he's lying or not, but that's what he said. It looks like there's a long list of teams ready to sign him to contract (with the Leafs rumored to be in pole position, YAWN) with incentives based on his performance and numbers. It won't happen, but if the Kings will resign him to a kind of contract like this, I'd be happy. Allison-Conroy as #1 & #2 centers is a great duo (if Allison is healthy, of course).

We don't have to forget a lot of teams will change face with the new CBA. Lemieux recently said the Pens will be buyers in the upcoming free agents market:

''We'll be able to go out and sign some key free agents, and it's probably going to change the face of this team. I'm confident that with the young players we have in Wilkes-Barre, we can put a great product on the ice this year...We are going to have a fair chance to compete against the bigger markets, and that's something we haven't been able to do the last three or four years. We had to trade some of our best talent because we couldn't afford all of them at the same time.''

I'm really curious to see what we'll do.
There's a ton of talent out there.