Old
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Phils are basically stuck with the OF until everything shakes out and some vets that are still out there maybe feel a bit desperate. The ideal solution remains for Brown to emerge as a viable starting OF, with some platoon opportunities involving Francisco.
Yeah, I think you are right about that. I am a HUGE fan of Dominic Brown, but what worries me is all those lefties. With Brown in there you have a potential 3-6 of all lefties, depending on what lineup Charlie Manuel goes with. I'd like to see Ibanez get traded for a solid LF, or maybe a prospect or something and sign someone like Austin Kearns, Jose Guillen, or Randy Winn. None of those guys are really all that great, but they aren't that much of a dropoff from Ibanez. Winn has been solid over his career, not a real power threat but a solid average hitter who can steal a bag. Kearns at times had shown he can swing the bat, but has also been bugged by injuries. Guillen is probably the best all around of these guys. I guess we'll see what happens.