View Single Post
Old
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post

In terms of the Campoli thing, BM made the decision he was going to bring in a PMD and he brought one in. My take is before he was brought in and the team took an inventory of what they had in terms of PMDs, if the BEST they could walk away from moving a first rounder (which happens rarely now a days) is a guy who was a 3rd pairing guy, then the pro scouts failed to identify a player and BM panicked and made the move. Is he a horrible dman? No. But is that the result you want your pro scouts to deliver when the team is moving a first rounder (regardless of where it is)?
But that's what I mean when I say too many variables can come into play...it's not like the pro scouts get free pickings from around the league, we can't trade for players that are unavailable unless maybe we have something better than a late 1st expendable to get that better player....that is less available.

I don't think it was a failing at all...it just wasn't a big win...the Campoli trade was a "meh" deal too me...no win/no loss.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote