View Single Post
Old
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
The problem with this team, with BM and with Muckler is that I can't remember the last trade that this team made off like bandits...over the life of the deal. Everything seems to be a latteral move. Now if the GM is able to move Kuba and Campoli (whom I assume is not in the teams plans long term) for decent returns then maybe we can say the Mesz trade is one. That tells me that this team is more worried about investing money into being a cap team (and managing it horribly) rather than spending big dollars on a strong pro AND amateur scouting department. Great organizations spare no expense when it comes to their scouting staffs because they're the ones that uncover the diamonds in the rough. They're the ones that give their GMs options both in the draft but also come FA time.
There aren't many trades that occur in general and there really aren't many that occur nowadays where someone makes off like bandits. Boston made off great in the Kessel trade but the irony is at the time I envisioned Boston losing that trade.

I'm pretty lenient on the Heatley situation to all parties involved. It was a situation that wreaks collusion and we were put into a tough spot on so many levels. There were people here who identified Cheechoo confidently as a player of the past...I doubt our pro scouts wanted him in the deal because they anticipated a 20 goal scorer. We were left in a tough spot.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote