View Single Post
Old
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM
nine_inch_fang

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Do you have some information that has been released that it's a spiral fracture? Along with all those ligaments torn? Or are you speculating based just on the appearance of the incident?
It's all based on watching the replay many times and seeing his leg do the exact same thing as mine did.

His toe was stuck in the ice, his heel was straight over his toe, and his knee was almost on the ice off to his side. His knee hit the ice right after you could see a 'funny twist' in his lower leg and his toe release from the ice. I very well could be wrong here as I've been many times but I don't think this is one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
There are many complicating factors with a fibula fracture.

1) Walking causes the bone to move no matter what.

2) The bone is slender and fragile.

3) The fibula DOES take some force in walking.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6705357

4) There is webbing of a ligament that binds the fibula to the tibia and can cause the fracture to open.

5) Depending on how much force and where the force applies that fracture can be complicated and will need surgery. We have no clue as to the extent of the fracture just speculation.
To add one other thing...When Cal tried to push himself up onto his good leg he couldn't because he couldn't control the twisting of his foot and therefore couldn't push off with his toe as is normal when trying to stand on the ice.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote