View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Rutabaga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Chicago - Brouwer(1.025mill)

Fairly cheap and probably could be had a for a 1st or send Pouliot and a pick maybe their way.

New Jersey - Langenbrunner(2.8mill)

The ideal offer that people tend to agree on, is a prospect + a pick.

Phoenix - Wolski(3.8mill)

In the dog house, they won't be low balled, but he could probably be had at this point.

Columbus - Umberger(3.75mill)

Don't know if he could be had but, he would be able to notch 20 for sure.

Toronto - Versteeg(3.833mill)

Wasn't suppose to be offered, but starting to get alot of attention from teams around the league, I don't know if a bidding war would begin, but he could be an option as well.

Those are 5 that come to mind to me. They have size, and they go to the net. There are a few out there, that I believe will be available at the deadline.
Wolski-Kostitsyn, they're both struggling to live up to the expectations, Wolski being moved already once, i am not sure of the interest to pull the trigger on this one.

Umberger wont be moved.

Versteeg had his numbers on a well-oiled machine, we have to consider that. If Toronto want to move him, there is something wrong given their needs.
And if we compare him to Kostitsyn, again, its not a upgrade, especially about their gamestyle, because Versteeg is only 5'10.
For Brouwer, same thing, he is sure playing well in Chicago, but having him playing at this level outside of the team, thats not that sure.
He may be cheap, but he is not the safest bet for goalscoring issues.

I dont know what would be their cost, but guys like Miettinen or Booth could be interesting.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote