Thread: Salary Cap: Gauthier at the Trade Deadline
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
depends on how PG evaluates the depth of young talent in the organization imo.

if he thinks guys like Eller/MaxPac/Subban can & will be solid contributors (especially offensively) within the next 2 seasons, then staying the course makes sense.
Tweak here or there as needed, though it would be smarter to move guys that are not part of the longer term plan (pouliot? akost?) then picks or prospects, as i'd rather see the team continue to assemble quality organizational depth which can be used when the time is right to make a big splash.

Personally, I still think he needs to be working the phones to unload Gomez/Spacek. Although Gomez has been contributing well of late, he still is a contract albatross. that the team was winning more with him on pace for 25pts then it is now that he's popping in a ppg, tells me that moving him is fine even if we don't have an immediate upgrade at the 2nd line centre spot.
with him playing better of late, and the deadline approaching, we might just be able to find another sucker willing to give up quality assets in return.

Now is not the time to "buy", or at least not if one of Subban/Eller/MaxPac is going the other way WITHOUT Gomez.

we shouldn't be adding any salary up front as long as we already have 23M$ locked up in 4 players.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote