View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 04:16 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Your team is at $49.7 committed for next season with 14 players signed. Let's say Parise at $5mil (probably low) .... now $54.7mil with 15 players signed. Suter at $3.5mil hit .... $58.2mil with 16 players signed. Still no backup goalie, replacement for Langenbrunner or Arnott and maybe $4mil (if the cap increases $3mil) to spend on at least 4 players. The numbers don't support your pipedream fantasy.
Once again, we would have to replace a backup (we can sign a guy for 500K), a 4th line center (Sestito is doing the job at 500K), Langenbrunner won't be missed since Elias and Tedenby are doing a very solid job at RW and Arnott's spot will be taken by Jacob Josefson who's injured this year. That leaves us with a 3rd line center that can be filled with Zubrus if need be. We have several players that can play all 3 positions and our lineup will probably look a little something like this...

IK-Elias-Tedenby
Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Rolston-Josefson-Clarkson
Zharkov-Sestito-Pelley

Anyways, I appreciate the concern you have regarding our "cap problems" but we'll be fine

My question was, would Poile consider moving Suter for a #1 overall pick and other assets... not "Are the NJD screwed regarding the cap?".

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 01-04-2011 at 04:22 PM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote